Since the release of the all new WooCommerce 3.0.0 a few days ago, a lot has changed! Many things aren’t working any more. The real question is, will they even be maintained? How can a user be 100% sure that software that he’s using will still work after the updates.
To maintain properly plugins for WooCommerce, which is developing at a staggering phase, plugin authors need a lot of commitment or at least manpower. This is why you should only get important plugins from trusted sources. Know your seller, before you make a purchase! Don’t buy outdated plugins, don’t buy plugins that aren’t supporting the latest version of WooCommerce, don’t buy plugins without support, as these will all cost you in some time when they stop working.
WooCommerce 3.0.x updates? Get your plugins only from trusted sellers!
The real problem is the way WooCommerce moves. It is a good system, developed by good programmers. It wasn’t always this way, so these guys now are fixing up all the legacy code that was written. The best improvements in the WooCommerce 3.0.x+ are proper in stock/out of stock product data management. These are now moved to taxonomy, as well as the product visibility settings, and the featured meta key. Second most valuable thing, is the new gallery! With this WooCommerce set a new standard in its product gallery showcase. From 3.0.x+ it supports zoom effects, proper lightbox and a slider for gallery images. Now this is all standardized, and you’ll not need much plugin improvement over the default layout.
When it comes to our plugins, we’ve been working hard to make them compatible, and the results are:
- WooCommerce Product Filter 6.2.3 – Fully compatible, with the support for new in stock/out of stock functions, which speeds up things dramatically. This goes for variable products too!
- Improved Variable Product Attributes for WooCommerce 3.2.5 – Fully compatible! The new gallery now simplifies things. Zooms are working as well as every other functionality, so we’re really happy about this one 🙂
- Improved Sale Badges for WooCommerce 2.4.2 – Fully compatible! Released update just makes the plugin compatible with the WooCommerce 3.0.x+, there are no new functions added.
- Warranties and Returns for WooCommerce 3.0.1 – Fully compatible! Released update just makes the plugin compatible with the WooCommerce 3.0.x+, there are no new functions added.
- Share, Print and PDF for WooCommerce 1.2.2 – Fully compatible! Fixed a few things with the PDF and images, but more important than that is the full support for WooCommerce 3.0x+
- WooCommerce Frontend Shop Manager 3.3.0 – Currently in testing! Our test are showing that everything is fine there, but we’re still on the lookout. Expect an update soon.
One last thing. Our plugins were when WooCommerce 1.x.x version was around and are here now with the all new WooCommerce 3.0.x! That makes a statement! Thanks for your support, we’ll continue to develop and maintain our plugins in the years to come! Thank you!